Turkey and Rice Casserole
Makes 10 servings.
- 2 x 10¾-ounce cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1½ tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 x 16-ounce can carrots and peas
- 1 x 3-ounce can French-fried onion rings
- Blend soup with half-and-half; cook over low heat until hot, being careful not to boil.
- Stir in cheese, onion, mustard, rosemary and pepper; remove from heat.
- Combine sauce, rice and turkey.
- Alternate layers of rice mixture with carrots and peas in lightly buttered 3-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle top with onion rings.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly.