Vegetable Sauté Haitian-style
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup red cabbage, in 1" pieces
- ½ tsp instant chicken bouillon granules
- ½ cup coarsely shredded carrot (1 medium)
- ¼ tsp dried basil, crushed
- ½ tsp sugar
- In an 8 inch skillet cook spinach in a small amount of boiling water just until wilted.
- Remove to serving plate.
- In same skillet combine the 3 tbsp water, bouillon granules, sugar, and basil.
- Bring mixture to boiling.
- Add cabbage and carrot.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 minutes.
- Serve at once on top of the spinach.