Warm Orange Soybean Oil Vinaigrette
To serve, toss 3 to 4 ounces fresh torn spinach leaves with 1 to 2 ounces warm dressing. Garnish with bacon bits, chopped hard-cooked egg, sliced fresh mushrooms, sliced almonds, or mandarin orange sections.
- Recipe from United Soybean Board
- 2¼ cups soybean oil
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- ½ oz shallot, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp orange peel, dried
- 1 tsp white pepper, ground
- kosher salt to taste
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients in mixing bowl; mix well.
- Transfer to stainless steel bain marie insert or appropriate pan.
- Heat in water bath to 165 °F, 30 minutes before service.
- Hold at 145 °F for service or chill down and re-heat when needed.