Wild Rice-Turkey Salad
- ½ cup wild rice
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cup turkey, cooked chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup sweet red pepper, chopped (optional)
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 1 apple, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- chopped pecans, for garnish
- Cook the rice in the water until tender, about 50 minutes.
- Cut the turkey into bite-size pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle on the pecans just before serving.
For ¼ recipe
- 422 calories | 42g carbohydrate | 24g protein | 18g fat | 344mg sodium | 503mg potassium | 54mg cholesterol
- Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 bread, 1 ½ fruit, 2 fat