Wild and Brown Rice Salad with Roasted Brazil Nuts
- Toast the nuts in the oven at 190°C.
- For 10 minutes, or alternatively in the microwave on "high" until golden.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and salt generously.
- Add the wild rice and the brown rice to the boiling water and simmer until tender, about 15–20 minutes.
- Drain the rice and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the spinach to the hot rice and allow the heat of the rice to wilt the spinach.
- Add the spanish onion, currants, apple sticks, chopped nuts and herbs and mix well with the rice mixture.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together with a whisk until emulsified and pour over the rice, mixing well while the rice is still warm.
- Garnish with the large nuts and serve either warm or at room temperature.