Yellow Pepper Frittata with Fresh Thyme
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Herrin Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ onion finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In large bowl beat eggs, milk and cheese then stir in salt and pepper and set aside.
- In medium skillet over medium high heat melt butter with olive oil.
- Add onion and bell pepper and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until pepper is soft.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until eggs are firm around the edges.
- Lift edges of the eggs with a spatula and tilt pan to let uncooked eggs run under cooked eggs.
- Cook until eggs are almost set on top about 5 minutes more.
- Invert a plate on top of the pan.
- Hold plate and pan firmly together with pot holders and invert.
- Slip the frittata cooked side up back into the pan.
- Cook 2 minutes more.
- Invert a serving plate over the pan and invert as before.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Cut into wedges and drizzle with the extra-virgin olive oil season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group