Zagorska Juha od Krumpira
Potato soup Zagorje-style
- 1.5 lb (700 g) potatoes
- 2 oz (50 g) margarine
- 2 oz (50 g) smoked bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 fl. oz (200 ml) smetana
- 1 tablespoon of the following mixed spices:
- sweet red paprika and flour
- 35 – 40 fl. oz (1 l) water
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Finely slice the bacon.
- Chop onion, garlic and parsley.
- Heat the margarine and saute the sliced bacon and onion, sprinkle with sweet red paprika and add prepared potatoes, mixed spices, marjoram, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Dust with flour, stir well and add an appropriate amount of water.
- Boil gently until potates are soft.
- Then puree the soup, add the smetana, chopped parsley and garlic, vinegar to taste.
- Bring briefly to the boil and serve.