Zucchini Lemon Bread
- Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
- Yields one 18-slice loaf.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick pan spray.
- Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Stir in zucchini, walnuts, lemon zest, and cinnamon.
- Combine the milk, oil, and eggs; add to the dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread stand in the pan for 5 minutes; turn the loaf out onto a wire cooling rack.
- When cool, cut in 18 slices.
- Calories: 122 | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 206 mg | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Fat: 6 g | Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Exchanges: 1 Starch | 1 Fat