Bell Pepper Steak
- 1 1/2 c. beef broth
- 3 c. hot cooked rice
- 1 c. sliced green onions
- 2 green peppers, in strips
- 1 lb. lean Beef, cut 1/2" thick
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. each water and soy sauce
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, cut in eighths
- 2 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 1 Tbs. paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- While rice is cooking, pound Beef to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into 1/4" wide strips.
- Sprinkle meat with paprika and allow to stand while preparing other ingredients.
- Using a large skillet, brown meat in butter.
- Add garlic and broth.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in onions and green peppers.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes more.
- Blend cornstarch, water, and soy sauce.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Cook, stirring until clear and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stir gently.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.