Big Bowl Lettuce Wraps
Revision as of 09:02, 14 July 2012 by RealRecipes (talk | contribs) (Text replace - "Directions" to "Procedures")
- 8 – 10 large lettuce leaves
- 2 broccoli stalks or around 7 florets
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 green onions [Skip--I don't like these]
- 1 cup fresh fennel bulb or tops [Skip--I don't like fennel]
- 1 small handful fresh parsley [We have this in a plastic tube in the refrig door]
- 2 roma tomatoes ( or 1 beefsteak) [We always like these]
- 2 tablespoons capers or chopped green olives [I need to buy another jar anyway]
- 2 cups crushed pistachios
- 1 cup crushed cashews [skip 'em]
- ⅓ fresh red bell pepper
- 2 big stalks celery
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushroom (if using canned, save the juice) [Skip--I don't remember any in there]
- 2 heads fresh lettuce cored, and washed. set aside...to use for wraps
- 1 tablespoon lime juice [I think we have this in a plastic lime]
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- ½ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1¼ cup raw (turbinado) sugar
- 2½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons seaweed gomisio (or substitute sesame seeds and tiny shredded nori)
- 2½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, optional
- 2 tablespoons wasabi powder, optional
- Get a huge bowl.
- Chop all of the fresh ingredients (except lettuce) into fine bits.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients and toss together.
- Use the fresh, washed lettuce leaves as you would a tortilla for wrapping the filling.
- For added taste, add ⅓ cup juice from mushroom can, or even strain the juice from a can of kidney beans or black that you might be using for something else.
- This is a great way to use up the leftover produce in your fridge! If you want, you can change the seasonings for a different taste.
- Try black olives instead of green with tofu for a Greek wrap, etc.