- 1 package square egg roll wrappers
- corn oil
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 or 2 large potatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ bunch chopped cilantro
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes on their skin until soft. Peel and mash.
- Add salt, coriander, cayenne pepper, cilantro and green onions and mix.
- Meanwhile: brown ground beef with pepper, salt and coriander.
- Mix ground beef with mashed potatoes. Let cool.
- Take an eggroll wrapper and place a spoonfull of filling in the middle.
- Wet the edges of the wrapper and close, making a triangle.
- Fold the ends of the triangle into the pastry, making a small envelope. Flatten with your hand.
- Heat oil and fry the boulanee until brown on both sides, about 4–5 minutes.