Cabbage and Frankfurter Soup
Makes 6 servings (9 cups).
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 14-1/2- to 16-ounce can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 quarts shredded cabbage (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 12-ounce package frankfurters, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
Combine broth, tomatoes, Onion, carrots and celery. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp. Add cabbage, frankfurters and pepper; simmer 5 minutes longer. Ladle into bowls and top with mounds of rice.