California Avocado-Mushroom Wonton Soup
- Gently combine mushroom and avocado with remaining ingredients.
- Lay out wonton wrappers a batch at a time with bottom point facing you (diamond shape).
- Brush a border of egg around wrap.
- Put a generous teaspoon of filling in the lower half of the diamond.
- Fold over top point to meet bottom to form a triangle; tightly seal edges by pressing firmly.
- Brush egg on tip of right triangle on each filled wonton.
- Bring it around to form a circle with left triangle; press firmly to join.
- Cook wontons in batches in lightly salted boiling water until firm, 2 to 3 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon.
- Reserve cooked wontons.
- Heat ¾ cup seasoned broth, ½ ounce shiitake slices, 2 tablespoons diced avocado, a few baby spinach leaves, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- When liquid comes to a simmer, add 3 wontons; heat through.
- Pour into serving bowl; garnish with some coriander leaves and carrot threads.