Central African Fruit Salad
In a 2-gallon bowl
- Fill the bowls with the mixture of greens.
- Use any flesh fruits, coconut, and chopped peanuts in combinations like this:
- fresh pineapple cut in fingers, about 3 per bowl
- fresh mango in strips, about 2-3 per bowl
- avocado, dipped in lemon juice and cut in strips
- fresh coconut, cut in thin slices
- oranges (California type), thinly sliced with skins left on
- bananas, cut in chunks, thinly coated with
- mayonnaise and dipped in
- chopped peanuts (or coconut)
- 1 pint-basket strawberries or any berries in season.
- Arrange the fruits attractively in the individual salad bowls or in one large bowl.
- Serve with Lime Dressing:
- Grate: 4 limes, and add grated rinds with their juice to 1 quart Mayonnaise.
- Fold in: 1 cup whipped cream sweetened with 2 Tbs. Sugar
- Add a few drops of green vegetable coloring.