Cheesy Rice Soufflé
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⅔ cups hot milk
- ½ cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
- 6 eggs, separated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- In large bowl, combine rice with milk, butter, Parmesan and Swiss cheeses; set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff in large bowl.
- Beat egg yolks in small bowl and add to cooled rice mixture.
- Gently fold egg whites into rice mixture and pour into a lightly-greased 2-quart soufflé dish.
- Bake on middle rack in preheated oven 30 minutes; increase heat to 450°F for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until top is golden brown.