From Recidemia English
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to lukewarm
- ½ cup milk mixed with about 2 tablespoons hot water (more or less water, depending on what's needed to form a firm, yet workable, dough)
- Sift flour and salt into bowl.
- Add butter and milk mixture.
- Mix to form a smooth dough.
- Cut into 2 pieces.
- Cover and reserve.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Add onion.
- Saute for about 5 minutes, or until soft and golden, adding garlic during last minute or so.
- Add tomatoes, beef and salt.
- Simmer 20 minutes until almost dry.
- Remove from heat.
- Add parsley, egg and mix well.
- Roll out pastry on floured board to ⅛-inch thickness.
- Cut 12 x 4-inch circles from each piece.
- Place 1 teaspoon filling on each circle and moisten dough around edge with water.
- Fold over and seal edges well.
- Deep-fry in 375°F oil for 4 to 5 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper.