Fraykee with Pine Nuts
Revision as of 21:06, 13 July 2012 by RealRecipes (talk | contribs) (Text replace - "Directions" to "Procedures")
You can find fraykee in many Middle Eastern stores or you can do as I have done: Substitute bulgur and toast it before using in the recipe.
- This recipe serves 4 as a starch dish.
- Heat a dry wok or heavy frying pan and stir the bulgur wheat until toasty and fragrant, just a few minutes.
- In a 2-quart covered pot place the bulgur, water, cinnamon and salt.
- Bring to a boil with the lid off.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Allow to sit in the pot for 5 minutes before removing the lid.
- Pan-toast the pine nuts in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Serve the fraykee in a large bowl, topped with the toasted pine nuts.