Ganesh Roasted Eggplant Dip
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1½ pounds halved lengthwise eggplant
- 2 halved plum tomatoes
- 1 small, quartered onion
- 4 cloves large, unpeeled garlic
- 1 sprig, fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 dash fresh, minced parsley
- 1 package toasted pita triangles bread
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place eggplant, skin side up, in a large roasting pan.
- Add tomatoes, onion, garlic and thyme.
- Drizzle oil evenly over vegetables.
- Bake until eggplant is very tender when pierced with a knife, about 50 minutes.
- Cool vegetables slightly.
- Peel eggplant and garlic.
- Transfer eggplant pulp, garlic, tomatoes, onion and any liquid in bottom of pan to the work bowl of a food processor.
- Add thyme leaves, discarding stem.
- Purée until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper (can be prepared 1 day ahead; refrigerate)
- Garnish with parsley and serve dip at room temperature with pita bread triangles.