Garlic Shrimp I
Shrimp in a garlicky sauce is a classic and a classically simple spanish tapa. It is usually cooked and presented in individual shallow earthenware casseroles, but it can just as easily be made in a larger casserole or skillet. Offer crusty bread alongside.
- 8 ounces uncooked large shrimp, peeled, de-veined
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1-inch piece dried red chili pepper, seeded
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place shrimp in bowl; Sprinkle with coarse salt and toss.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over high heat. Add garlic, bay leaf and dried pepper and stir 1 minute.
- Add shrimp; Stir until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley.