- 3 cups of AP flour
- 1 stick of butter at room temperature (1 cup)
- 1 cup of confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 eggs
1) Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
2) Beat the egg yolks and butter until fluffy, an electric blender is really handy for this. Fold in 2/3 of the confectioner's sugar (reserve the rest for dipping the cookies into later) and the flour. Gently fold in the egg whites, they will collapse a bit, don't worry about it.
3) Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
4) The dough will be sticky, so you must moisten your hands from time to time while forming the cookies.
5) Lightly oil the baking sheet, you can butter it if you like. Take off a walnut sized piece of dough and form it into a sphere by rolling it between the palms of your hands, gently flatten one side. Lightly dip the other side into the reserved confectioner's sugar and place on the baking sheet. You can insert an almond into the center if you like. It takes practice to make pretty ghribia, but the funny looking ones taste the same.
6) Bake in the middle shelf as you would other types of cookies for about 15 minutes.