Hong Kong Noodle Soup
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 carrots chopped into matchstick size
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ¾ cup bamboo shoots finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup bean thread noodles
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 quart stock
- 1½ cups bean sprouts
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan or wok and briskly fry the carrots, cabbage, bamboo shoots and tomatoes with a little salt for five minutes stirring constantly.
- Pour in water and stir well then add noodles.
- Bring soup to a boil and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add bean spouts and scallions.
- Spoon in soy sauce then add salt and pepper and simmer gently for another ten minutes.