Revision as of 17:09, 11 July 2012 by RealRecipes (Text replace - "Category:Trinidadian cuisine" to "Category:Trinidad and Tobago cuisine")
- 2½ cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 4 cups flour, or more as needed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place the water in a large bowl, add the Sugar, and stir until dissolved.
- Add the yeast, stir until dissolved and let stand for ten minutes.
- Stir in the flour and salt and mix well. Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead for 8 to 10 minutes, adding more flour if necessary to make a stiff dough.
- Transfer to a greased bowl, cover with a cloth and allow to rise for 25 minutes.
- Punch the dough down, form into 12 balls and place on greased baking sheets.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in size (1 – 2 hours).
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes. Serve warm.