Lazy Cheese Dumplings
- 1/2 lb/250 g cottage cheese well strained
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- sour cream (optional)
- Mix the Cheese with the yolks, add the flour, salt and whipped egg whites.
- Make a flattened roll, about two fingers thick.
- Spray a little flour on top and then cut in 1 1/2" thick pieces.
- Place these dumplings in boiling salt water and boil until they rise to the surface.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, place on a plate and put some melted butter on them.
- Serve hot with or without sour cream.