Mango Chiffon Roll with Mango Lime Curd
Mango lime curd
- 2 mangos
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp grated lime rind
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
Mango chiffon roll
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 6 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- powdered sugar
- Peel and pit mangos.
- Chop finely.
- Cook mangos over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes stirring often.
- Puree mangos.
- Return to saucepan and stir in butter, lime juice and rind.
- Stir in egg yolks and cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Let cool, stirring often.
- Place plastic wrap on surface and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Line greased 15x10" jelly roll pan with wax paper.
- Stir together flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add orange juice, oil, egg yolks, orange rind and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff.
- Gradually beat in remaining ¼ cup sugar.
- Carefully fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake at 325°F for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Place clean tea towel on wire rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Turn out cake onto towel and carefully remove wax paper.
- Roll cake up in towel and let cool 30 minutes.
- Unroll, spread with mango lime curd and roll up again.
- Place roll, seam side down on serving platter.
- Garnish with extra mango slices.