Matzo Joshawk (Passover Soup)
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 2 lrg (1-1/2 cups) onions, chopped
- 4 cup water
- 1 lb Boneless Beef or Lamb, cut into 1-in pieces OR
- 2 x Chicken legs & thighs w/bone, halved
- 1 med Potato, peeled & cut into 1-in cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 x egg, beaten
- Here is an everything meat soup to be served w/inevitable homemade matzoh during days of Passover.
- Heat oil in a soup pan, add onions, & stir-fry over moderate heat for 1 minutes, just long enough to change color. Add water & bring to a boil. Add Beef or Lamb or Chicken pieces, Potato, salt, & pepper.
- Cover pan & cook for 1 hour, or until tender. 2. Just before serving, dribble beaten egg in a circle into simmering soup. Serve hot w/matzoh