Although Mayonnaise is not a Dutch invention, it has become a staple with Dutch chips. Of course the Dutch have made a cheaper version of Mayonnaise, which is easy to make.
- Mix the egg yolk with salt, pepper and mustard.
- Mix in the corn flour and as much as the water as is necessary to get a smooth paste.
- Pour this paste into the rest of the water that you have brought to the boil and bring back to the boil.
- Take off the heat and mix in the vegetable oil.
- Leave to cool and use as mayonnaise.