Mushroom and Sunchoke Sauté
(Redirected from Mushroom and Sunchoke Saute)
- 2 lb assorted mushrooms, (shiitakes)
- ½ lb sunchokes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 cup thinly-sliced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- salt to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Trim off any soil caked onto mushrooms.
- Trim and discard discolored stem ends and tough stems of shiitakes.
- Quickly immerse the mushrooms in water, swishing them around to release soil and insects, then lift from water and drain.
- Cut large mushrooms into about 1-inch pieces; * leave the small mushrooms whole.
- Peel and coarsely chop sunchokes.
- In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, combine oil, butter, mushrooms, sunchokes, shallots, and garlic.
- Stir often until mushroom juices evaporate and the vegetables are browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add rosemary, oregano, and sherry; stir until sherry evaporates, about 2 minutes.