Pasta with Green Beans and Mushrooms
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- about 1½ pounds fresh green beans, cleaned, 1½ inch pieces
- about ½ pound mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 or 10 cloves garlic, minced or smashed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- generous amount freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 x 32 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound mostaccioli pasta
- Put red wine in large skillet or dutch oven add vegetables and herbs, simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, (or fresh sauce if you have it) let it simmer away for 30 minutes or until you are ready for it.
- Cook pasta in unsalted, unoiled water combine the two.