Penne alla Pesto
Revision as of 17:24, 11 July 2012 by RealRecipes (talk | contribs) (Text replace - "Directions" to "Procedures")
- Original recipe
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1½ cups fresh basil, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ lb cooked penne, hot
- Wash and dry basil.
- Place basil in a blender or food processor with garlic, olive oil, pine nuts, cheese and pepper to taste; purée.
- Transfer cooked penne to a serving bowl.
- Add pesto and toss thoroughly to serve.
- Calories: 209 | Protein: 5g | Sodium: 66mg | Cholesterol: 2mg | Fat: 13g | Carbohydrates: 19g
- Exchanges: 2½ fat | 2½ starch
- ↑ "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/