Pine Nut White Bean Dip
Yes, this said 1 serving... but I wonder if that is correct with one can of beans...Hmmm...Take care, Gloria
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet Online
- Prep Time: 15 minutes | Rest Time: 2 hours | Total Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 1
- ¼ cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp fat-free milk
- 1 can white kidney beans
- ¼ cup sour cream, light or fat-free
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- ¼ tsp salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend or other salt-free seasoning blend
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- assorted vegetable dippers (such as peeled baby carrots, zucchini slices, pea pods, yellow summer squash sticks, and/or red sweet pepper strips)
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and milk.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine beans, sour cream, the 3 tablespoons pine nuts, seasoning blend, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth.
- Add bread crumb mixture.
- Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- Stir in snipped or dried oregano or basil.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours to blend flavors.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional pine nuts and garnish with basil or oregano leaves.
- Serve with assorted vegetable dippers.
- 40 Calories | 1g Total Fat | 0g Saturated Fat | 70mg Sodium | 1mg Cholesterol | 7g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 3g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ starch | ½ carb choice
- ↑ "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/