Pumpkin Maple Whoopie Pies
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 34 whoopie pies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 jars American Spoon™ pumpkin butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp (¾ stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ jar of American Spoon™ Maple Cream (½ cup measure)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift together the dry cookie ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a second mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light.
- Add the eggs yolks one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Add the pumpkin butter and the vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Be careful not to over-mix or cookies will be tough.
- Drop the cookie batter by tablespoonfuls about one inch apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until they are puffed and spring back when touched, about 15 – 18 minutes.
- Make the filling.
- Cream the butter and confectioners sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the maple cream, salt and vanilla extract.
- Blend until thoroughly combined and fluffy.
- When cookies are cool, spread with a thin layer of filling and top with another cookie to make each whoopie pie.
- Continue with remaining cookies and filling.
- Store in an air tight container for up to one week.
- Boil 2 cups maple syrup and 1 cup cream until it reaches 230°F on candy thermometer.
- Pour into bowl and let cool until lukewarm, then beat until creamy.