- Toss walnuts, butter, and sugar.
- Set aside at room temperature.
- Put flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle pour the water into the well, add salt, and ½ of the butter.
- Stir the flour into the flour mix slowly until absorbed.
- At this point, beat the mixture firmly until a good firm dough is made.
- Make the dough a ball.
- On floured surface, roll the ball out into a rectangle approx. 18" x 16".
- Brush the dough with the remaining butter and fold into quarters.
- Roll it out again as thinly as you can.
- Cut dough into a rectangle 18" x 16" then cut the dough into 2" squares.
- Place a teaspoon of walnut filling into the center of each square then draw up the 4 corners to the middle.
- Pinch the corners together to seal.
- Heat oil in a deep pot or a fry-well to 375°F.
- Drop in 8 – 10 fritters at a time and fry them for 3 minutes then remove to draining rack.
- Sprinkle with the confectioner's sugar and serve.