Shrimp and Artichoke Pasta Salad
Revision as of 07:45, 14 July 2012 by RealRecipes (talk | contribs) (Text replace - "Directions" to "Procedures")
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 9 ounces artichoke hearts — quartered
- ⅔ pound shrimp, cooked — peeled
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives — chopped
- 1 whole egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon shallots — minced
- ½ cup canola oil
- pepper -- to taste
- ½ pound pasta shells — cooked
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Place artichoke hearts and shrimp in large bowl.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, chives, egg yolk and shallots in food processor or blender. Purée.
- Gradually add oil in a thin stream while machine is running.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to shrimp and artichokes.
- Pour dressing mixture over pasta, shrimp and artichokes and mix gently but thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours (can be made up to one day ahead to this point).
- Stir in sunflower seeds just before serving.