Sour Cream Drop Cookies
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- ¼ teaspoon soda
- ¼ cup rich sour cream
- 1¼ cups pastry flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder. add
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup raisins cut in pieces
- ¼ cup nut meats cut in pieces
- Cream the butter or margarine.
- Gradually add sugar and beaten egg.
- Dissolve baking soda in sour cream.
- Add to first mixture alternately with pastry flour sifted with salt and baking powder.
- Add the vanilla and raisins.
- Add cup nut meats.
- Drop by spoonfuls on greased tin sheet, and bake in a moderate oven.
- Double the amount of flour may be used, nuts and raising omitted, and mixture chilled and rolled out and cut in any desired shape, before baking.