SouthWestern-Style Black Bean Salad
- Serves: 6 servings
- Calories: 303 calories
- Prep Time: 20 mintues
- Occasion: Any
- Effort: Easy
- 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained.
- 1/2 cup chopped green
- pepper 1/4 cup
- red onion1/4 cup
- salad oil1/4 cup
- vinegar 2 tablespoons
- lime juice 1 tablespoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- chili powder1 teaspoon
- ground cumin1/4 teaspoon
- 1 clove garlic
- minced,shredded salad leafs
- Tortilla Chips (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl combine black beans, kidney beans, corn , green pepper, and Onion.For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine oil, vinegar , lime juice, Sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt and garlic
- Cover and shake well. Pour dressing over the beans mixture. Toss lightly to coat.
- Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- To Serve, Line bean salad with salad leafs.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips (optional)