Stewart Estate Marinated Brussels Sprouts
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Stewart Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1994. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- Combine wine, vinegar, sugar and garlic in a heavy sauce pan then bring to boil and add sprouts.
- Reduce heat then over and simmer 10 minutes.
- Transfer sprouts and liquid to a serving bowl.
- Add green onion and dill pickle and serve at room temperature.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group