Three-bean Super Stew
- salt and ground white pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro (reserve a few whole sprigs for garnish)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large tomato, cored and diced
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until soft.
- Add tomato and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and juicy, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, coriander and ginger, and mix well.
- Add stock, lentils, black beans, chickpeas and cilantro and simmer, covered, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot over rice and garnish with cilantro.