Revision as of 18:48, 26 June 2012 by RealRecipes (talk | contribs) (Text replace - "Directions" to "Procedures")
Steamed Rice Pudding
- This recipe yields 10 servings.
- 3⅓ cups glutinous rice
- 1 lb chestnuts
- 5 oz dates
- 3½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 oz raisins
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1½ cup sugar
- Wash glutinous rice and soak in water for overnight.
- Shell chestnuts and cut into halves.
- Wash and pit dates, and cut into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Drain rice, and place in a steamer basket.
- Make a hole in the center of rice.
- Steam over high heat about 30 minutes until cooked.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup water during steaming.
- Transfer rice to a large bowl.
- Add Seasoning Mixture to the hot rice and mix well.
- Add sesame oil and cinnamon, and mix thoroughly once more.
- Gently stir in the Raisins, dates and chestnuts.
- Place the bowl of rice pudding in the steamer and steam about 5 hours until chestnuts are cooked.
- Add more boiling water as needed.
- Sprinkle with honey and mix while steaming.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts before turning off heat.
- The hot steamed rice pudding can be packed into a round cake pan, unmold and cut into pieces before placing on serving dish.