Sweet and Sour Onions
From Recidemia English
- Yield: 4 - 6 servings
- 4 large onion, sliced
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup butter, melted or ¼ cup margarine, melted
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup sugar (replace with sugar substitute)
- Slice the onions and arrange in a 1 quart baking dish.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over the onions.
- Bake at 300°F for 1 hour.
Food exchange per serving: 1 vegetables exchanges + 1 fat exchange (i would cut down the margarine to make it, if even that, lower then the 1 fat exchange to ½ fat.