From Recidemia English
Fruit & Vegetable Recipes I by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 10 – 12
- 10 – 12 cabbage leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ pound mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Steam cabbage leaves 5 to 10 minutes or until stalk is fork tender; drain and dry.
- Melt butter in skillet and sauté cabbage, mushrooms and onion; drain, pressing out as much moisture as possible.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs and parsley with cabbage mixture.
- Spoon cabbage filling onto center of cabbage leaves; fold up sides of leaves first, then roll from one end to the other, securing loose end with wooden pick.
- Place cabbage rolls in a 13x9x2-inch casserole dish.
- Combine tomato sauce, basil, sugar and garlic powder and pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and bake at 375 °F for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover, sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes more.