Dreamfields Vegetable Lasagna
From Recidemia English
- From the kitchen of Dreamfields Pasta
- Prep Time: 20 minutes | Bake Time: 50 minutes
- Serves 6
- 6 pieces Dreamfields ® lasagna
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¾ cup chopped zucchini (1 small zucchini)
- ½ cup sliced carrot
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup red cooking wine
- 2 cups tomato basil pasta sauce (or even better, make your own)
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Boil lasagna noodles for 10 minutes, drain and rinse in cold water, drain well and cut in half.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, red onion and black pepper; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add wine and cook for 3 minutes or until wine has evaporated.
- Add pasta sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine pesto, ricotta and Parmesan in a small bowl.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread ¾ cup veggie sauce across the baking dish.
- Arrange 4 noodle halves over tomato mixture.
- Top noodles with one-third of the ricotta mixture and 1 cup tomato mixture.
- Repeat layers twice, ending with noodles.
- Spread remaining tomato mixture over noodles; sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Note: this recipe may be doubled and made in a 9x13 baking dish for 12 servings.
- Calories 280 kcal | Protein 17g | Carbohydrates 19g | Fat 11g | Saturated Fat 4g | Cholesterol 20mg | Sodium 523mg | Total Dietary Fiber 4g
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/