Savory Swiss Steak
From Recidemia English
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 lbs round steak, 1" thick
- ¼ cup Atkin's bake mix
- 1 envelope dry Lipton's onion soup mix
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz can Hunt's tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in heavy fry pan.
- Pound steak on both sides with heavy meat mallet, and cut into serving size pieces.
- Combine bake mix and garlic and pound into meat pieces.
- Fry in hot oil til browned on all sides.
- Layer in 13x9x2 baking dish and sprinkle soup mix over meat.
- Mix tomato sauce and ¼ cup water and pour over all.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 2–3 hours til tender.
- Check each hour, will need to add water.