Annie's Rosemary and Garlic Bread
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 3 cups bread flour (maybe a bit more if needed for dough consistancy)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 packet active yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 1/2 cup lukewarm water (110 degrees)
- 1/4 chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 - 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp kosher salt (or sea salt)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Mix together the water, yeast, Sugar and half of the rosemary.
- Add 1 tsp salt to the flour, then add the flour and salt to the yeast mixture, slowly, until the dough is able to form a ball.
- Knead on a well floured board or table for 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a well oiled bowl, cover, and let sit in a warm place until it doubles in size (about an hour).
- Mix together the oil, rosemary and garlic.
- Punch dough down, and knead a few times to make it easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 2 loaves and place several inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Score the loaves and pour the oil mixture on top of them.
- Sprinkle each loaf with the kosher salt. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
- Tip: place a bowl of cold water in the oven to make it steamy and keep things moist.