Asparagus Salad with Pecans
- 1 bring large pot of water to boil.
- 2 wash asparagus and snap off tough bottoms os stems.
- 3 when water is boiling, add asparagus and let water return to a boil.
- 4 cook about 3 minutes, until asparagus is crisp but tender.
- 5 remove asparagus, run it under cold water, and refrigerate to chill.
- 6 at serving time, line six salad plates with lettuce and arrange four spears on each.
- 7 top salads with 1 tbsp of buttermilk mayonnaise or commercial light mayonnaise and sprinkle with 1 ts chopped pecans.