Avocado Zucchini Soup
Vitamin E-rich avocado makes this soup creamy and rich-tasting.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cans (14½ ounces each) vegetable broth plus cup water
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium avocado, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped red bell pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add ⅔ of the green onions and cook 3 minutes; stir in ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- Add broth, water, zucchini, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook 10 minutes, until zucchini is very soft. Cool slightly. Stir in avocado.
- Purée soup in batches in a food processor or blender. Return to pan to heat through. Stir in lemon juice. Garnish with red pepper and remaining green onions.