Chilled Cucumber Soup with Arugula Pesto
- Put arugula and garlic in a food processor, and process.
- Add almonds and Parmesan cheese, and process again.
- With motor running, pour in oil, and process until a thick paste forms.
- Add salt to taste.
- Set aside.
- Put cucumbers, scallions and buttermilk in a food processor or blender, and pur8ee.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or longer if possible.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls.
- Spoon about ½ tablespoon pesto into each bowl, and serve soup.
- Offer any remaining pesto in a bowl on side.