- Preparation: Christmas eve 20 minutes | Christmas morning 15 minutes
- Prepare hard boiled eggs.
- Cook rice, fluff gently and refrigerate.
- You can use any or shell but i use thick slabs of smoked yellowfish, or thick slabs of smoked haddock.
- Thin fillets tend to break up into pieces too small.
- Place in pan, cover with water, and heat gently until just before boiling point.
- Drain and refrigerate.
- Allowing to boil will turn it into mush during final cooking.
- In a microwave dish or double boiler, melt butter and heat cream (reserving 3 tsp for moisture adjustment).
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Gently break cold into bite size pieces and add to mixture.
- Chop hard boiled eggs and add to mixture.
- Adjust moisture before heating mixture.
- Microwave mixture should be moist but not damp.
- If using double boiler to heat mixture, add reserved cream until mixture is slightly sloppy or it will dry out during heating.
- Heat mixture in microwave on high, stirring every minute until hot.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.