Cream Cheese Cookies I
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable shortening
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) granulated fructose
- 1 tbsp (5 ml) granulated sugar replacement
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) flour
- ½ tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- dash salt
- Cream together shortening, cream cheese, fructose and sugar replacement.
- Add egg and water, beating well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Shape into a roll, 1½ in (3.75 cm) in diameter.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into thin slices and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 8 to 10 minutes.
Per 2 cookies:
- Calories: 74
- Exchange: ½ fruit | ½ fat