Creamy Lime Chile Dressing
ChupaNote: I use this dressing tossed with black beans and brown rice salad. Also good on baked potatoes.
- Source: Eating Well, Spring 2003
- Formatted by Chupa Babi: 09.11.07
- Active time: 5 minutes | Total time: 5 minutes
- Makes about ½ cup
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh  is better but prepared is OK
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno, or serrano pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Make ahead tip: cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/
- Tip: to juice a lime: a lime at room temperature gives the most juice (1½-2 tablespoons). Before juicing, roll the lime on the counter, pressing down with your hand. If the recipe calls for both zest and juice, grate the zest before squeezing the juice.
Per 1 tbsp serving:
- 20 calories | 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono) | 4 mg cholesterol | 2 g carbohydrate | 0 g protein | 0 g fiber | 81 mg sodium | 29 mg potassium.
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0
- Exchanges: Free food