Creole Crawfish Etouffée
- Make a roux by browning "slowly" in a small iron skillet ¼ cup oil and ¼ cup flour until it is dark brown.
- Do not rush this.
- Add chopped white onions and bell pepper.
- Next add Rotel™ tomatoes, water and seasoning.
- Stir very well over medium high heat.
- Cover and reduce to low and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add crawfish tail meat and raise heat to a slow boil.
- Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat.
- Cover and let set while you cook a pot of white rice (about 3 cups of raw rice, 6 cups water, salt, and butter ).
- Serve over the 'cooked' white rice and garnish each bowl with green onion.
- This is so good with garlic bread and potato salad or cole slaw.